The chemical engineering undergraduate program at Ole Miss has been accredited since 1959
Our B.S. Chemical Engineering degree is accredited by the ABET’s Engineering Accreditation Commission. ABET has accredited more than 3,000 academic programs in computing, engineering, engineering technology, and applied and natural science disciplines.
Accreditation recognizes academic programs that meet stringent criteria. This helps students and employers know that the university is providing a solid background in preparation for a career or future study.
Program educational objectives
The graduates of the program within 3-5 years will:
- Meet or exceed the expectations of employers of chemical engineers
- Continue their professional development by pursuing advanced study if they so desire
- Continue their professional development by pursuing leadership opportunities and other positions of service in their profession and/or communities
The graduates of the program will demonstrate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Enrollment data and degrees awarded
|Year||Fall enrollment||Degrees awarded *|
* The reporting period for degrees awarded includes the prior summer semester through the spring semester of the academic year, in line with the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning requirements. E.g., the 2021-22 figure includes students graduating in August 2021, December 2021 and May 2022.